Sunday, July 28, 2013
Durga Shailputri (Daughter of Mountain)
She is a daughter of Himalaya and first among nine Durgas. In previous birth she was the daughter of Daksha. Her name was Sati - Bhavani. i.e. the wife of Lord Shiva. Once Daksha had organized a big Yagna and did not invite Shiva. But Sati being obstinate, reached there. Thereupon Daksha insulted Shiva. Sati could not tolerate the insult of husband and burnt herself in the fire of Yagna. In other birth she became the daughter of Himalaya in the name of Parvati - Hemvati and got married with Shiva. As per Upnishad she had torn and the egotism of Indra, etc. Devtas. Being ashamed they bowed and prayed that, "In fact, thou are Shakti, we all - Brahma, Vishnu and Shiv are capable by getting Shakti from you." Shailputri Devi Temple is located at Marhia Ghat Near Varanasi City Station
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
- Adi Keshav is located at Rajghat Fort
- Atyugra Narsimha is located at Gomath near chowk
- Bheeshma Keshav is located in the temple premises of Mrityunjay Mahadev
- Bhrigu Keshav is located at Gola Ghat
- Bindu Madhav is located at Panch Ganga Ghat.
- Ganga Keshav is located at Lalita Ghat,
- Gopi Govind is located at Lal Ghat near Birla Sanskrit Vidhyalaya, Birla House,Machhodari
- Gyan Keshav is located at Adi Keshav Temple, Rajghat Fort.
- Gyan Madhav is located at Vishwanath Temple compound near Akshay Vat.
- Hayagreev Keshav is located near Anandmayee Hospital at Bhadaini,Sonarpura
- Kolahala Narasimha is located at Siddhi Vinayak, inside Narsimha Mutt near chowk
- Lakshmi Narsimha is located at Raj Mandir, inside Dakshin Mukhi Hanumanji temple near gai ghat
- Mahabal Narsimha is located at North of Trilochan, in the premises of Kameshwar Temple.
- Nar Narayan (popularly known as Badri Narayan) is located at Badri Narayan Ghat near Gai Ghat
- Narad Keshav is located at Prahlad Ghat, inside Shitla Mandir opp. Prahladeshwar
- Prachand Narsimha is located at Jagannath Temple, Assi Ghat
- Prahlad Keshav is located at Prahlad Ghat inside Prahledeshwar temple
- Prayag Madhav is located in the premises of Ram Mandir at Dasaswamedh Ghat.
- Shwet Madhav is located at Big Hanuman temple at Mir Ghat
- Tamra Varaha is located at Neelkanth Mohalla in the slope near Neelkanth temple
- Tribhuwan Keshav is located at Bandi Devi, Dasaswamedh Ghat.
- Trivikrama is located at Trilochaneshwar Temple near Birla Hospital after Machhodari
- Vaikunth Madhav is located near Harish-chandreshwar, Scindia Ghat
- Vaman Keshav is located at Trilochan near Birla Hospital after Machhodari
- Veer Madhav is located at Sankata Devi temple
- Vidar Narsimha is located at Prahlad Ghat.
- Vitank Narsimha is located at the steps of Kedar Ghat, on left side
- Yagya Varaha is located at Swarleeneshwar at Panch Agni Akhada Ghat neat Prahalad Ghat Chauraha
- Abhay Vinayak is located at Dasaswamedh Ghat inside the premises of Shooltankeshwar temple
- Ark Vinayak is located at Lolark Kund
- Asha Vinayak is located at Mir Ghat, Near Hanuman Temple.
- Avi Mukta Vinayak is located inside Vishwanath temple premises besides Gauri and Vishnu.
- Bhimchandi Vinayak is located at the outskirts of Varanasi in the Panchkosi Marg
- Chatur Dant Vinayak is located at Sanatan Dharm School, Nai Sarak.
- Chintamani Vinayak is located at East of Ishwar Gangi Talab, Babu Bazar
- Chitra Ghanta Vinayak is located at Chitra Ghanta Devi
- Dant Hast Vinayak is located at Lohatia, near well in Bara Ganesh temple
- Dehli Vinayak is located at a village near Rameshwar
- Durg Vinayak is located at Durga Kund.
- Durmukh Vinayak is located near Kashi Karvat Temlple
- Dwar Vinayak is located near Swargdwareshwar (Brahmanal Chauraha)
- Dwi Mukh Vinayak is locateed at Saamba Aditya, Suraj Kund.
- Eka Danta Vinayak is located at Pushpa Danteshwar, Bengali Tola
- Gaja Karna Vinayak is located at Kotwalpura, Ishaneshwar.
- Gaja Vinayak is located at Raja Darwaja, Bhara Bhooteshwar Temple
- Gana Nath Vinayak is located Dhundhi Raj Galli, near Vishwanath temple.
- Gyan Vinayak is located at Khowa Gali Chowraha near Langlishwar temple
- Heramba Vinayak is located at Maldahiya. At the original place of this temple, a shopping complex, known as TSM Complex, has been constructed and a small temple has been constructed in the premises on the second floor.
- Jyeshta Vinayak is located Sapt Sagar Mohalla, in the premises of Jyeshteshwar Ling
- Kaal Vinayak is located at Ram Ghat on the steps, below peepal tree
- Kali Priya Vinayak is located behind Sakshi Vinayak, Manaprakameshwar temple.
- Kharva Vinayak is located at Rajghat Fort inside a house, almost near the Adi Keshav Temple.
- Koonitaksh Vinayak is located inside old Lakshmi Temple premises and near Mahalakshmi Gauri temple in Lakshmi Kund
- Kooshmanda Vinayak is located at Phoolwaria
- Koot Dant Vinayak is located at Kina Ram Ashram, Krim Kund, Shivala, Varanasi
- Kshipra Prasad Vinayak is located at Pitar Kunda, Pitreshwar Temple
- Lambodara Vinayak is located at Kedarghat Road
- Mangal Vinayak located at Mangala Gauri Temple, Bala Ghat near pachganga ghat
- Manikarnika Vinayak is located at Manikarnika Ghat opposite to the main gate of Satua Baba Ashram
- Mitra Vinayak is located at Scindia Ghat in the premises of Atma Veereshwar
- Moda Vinayak is located at Kashi Karvat Temple, Naipali Khapra
- Modak Priya Vinayak is located at Aadi Mahadev Temple, Trilochan near Prahalad Ghat Chauraha
- Munda Vinayak is located at is located at Sadar Bazar in Chandi Temple, after JHV Mall
- Nagesh Vinayak is located at Patani Tola, Bhosala near Sankata Devi Temple
- Paas Pani Vinayak is located at Sadar Bazar in Cantonment area near Bheeshma Chandi Devi temple
- Panchasya Vinayak is located at Pishachmochan
- Pichandil Vinayak is located below Vat Vriksh, Prahlad Ghat.
- Pramoda Vinayak is located at Naipali Khapra. Just near Kashi Karvat temple
- Pranav Vinayak is located at Hiranya Garbheshwar temple, Trilochan Ghat near Machhodari
- Raj Putra Vinayak is located near Raj Ghat Fort
- Shal Kant Vinayak is located near a pond in Manduadih
- Shrishti Vinayak is located at Kalika Galli.
- Siddhi Vinayak is located near Mani Karnika Kund
- Singh Tund Vinayak is located at Khalispura, near Dasaswamedh.
- Sthool Dant Vinayak is located at, Man Mandir, near Someshwar.
- Sumukh Vinayak is located at Saraswati Phatak, near Kashi Karwat
- Tri Mukh Vinayak is located at Sigra at Tripurantakeshwar
- Uddand Mund Vinayak is located at Trilochan Temple.
- Uddand VInayak is located at a village near Rameshwar
- Vakra Tund Vinayak (Bada Ganesh) is located at, Lohatia Bara Ganeshji
- Varad Vinayak is located at near Naya Mahadev Kali Mandir, Prahlad Ghat.
- Vighna Raja Vinayak is located at, Chitrakoot Talab near Ramlila Maidan
- Vikata Dwija Vinayak is located at Dhoop Chandi locality in Dhoomavati Devi temple.
- Yaksh Vinayak is located at Rudra Prayag, Kotwalpura near bansphathak
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- Annapurna Devi is located at Annapurna Temple near Vishwanath Gali.
- Bandi Devi is located just before Dasaswamedh Ghat
- Bhavani Gauri is located at Ram Mandir annexed to the premises of Annapurna Devi
- Brahma Charini Devi is located at Durga Ghat near Dasaswamedh Ghat.
- Chamunda Devi is located near Lolark Kund
- Chandi Devi located at Sadar Bazar in Cantonment area near JHV Mall
- Charma Munda Devi is located at Bhadaini near Mata Anandmayee Hospital towards Assi
- Chitra Ghanta Devi is located at Chitra Ghanta Gulli,Chowk
- Durga Devi (Kooshmanda Durga) is located at Durga Kund
- Hayakanti Devi is located at Kali Mutt, Lakshmi Kund
- Jyeshta Gauri is located at Sapt Sagar Mohalla near Maidagin
- Kalratri Devi is located at Kalika Galli,near Annapurna – Vishwanath Lane.
- Kamakhya Devi (Kamakshi) is located at Kamachha
- Katyayani Katyayini Devi is located in the premises of Atma Veereshwar Temple at Scindia Ghat
- Lalita Gauri is located at Lalita Ghat
- Mahalakshmi Gauri is located at Lakshmi Kund.
- Mangala Gauri is located at Panchganga Ghat
- Mani Karnika Devi is located at Scindia Ghat,opposite Atma Veereshwar Temple.
- Mukhnirmalika Gauri is located at Hanumanji temple at Gai Ghat.
- Sankata Devi is located at Sankataji near chowk
- Shailputri located at Marhia Ghat near varanasi city station
- Shringar Gauri located behind Gyanvapi Masjid (mosque) and Darshan is allowed only on two days in an year.
- Siddha Lakshmi Devi Located at Opposite Siddhi Vinayak, Manikarnika.
- Siddheshwari is located at Siddheshwari Mohalla Near Chowk
- Skanda Mata is Located at Jaitpura
- Sowbhagya Gauri is located at Vishwanath Temple
- Tri Lokya Sundary Located at Mohalla Kashmiri Mal ki Haveli, near Pita Maheshwar Near Chowk
- Tripura Bhairavi is Located at Mir Ghat.
- Varahi Devi located at Manmandir Ghat
- Vindhya Devi located outside Sankata Devi Temple
- Vishalakshi Gauri Located at Mir Ghat near Dasaswamedh Vishwanath Gali or Bansphatak Vishwanath Gali
- Vishwa Bhuja Gauri Located at Dharam Koop (Dharmeshwar) near Dasaswamedh Vishwanath Gulli or Bansphatak Vishwanath Gali.
1) Arun Aditya is located at Trilochaneshwar Temple in Trilochan Ghat near Machhodari
2) Draupad Aditya is located at Akshay Vat,Near Kashi Viswanath Temple
3) Ganga Aditya is located below Nepali Mandir Temple,Lalita Ghat
4) Keshava Aditya Located in Adi Keshav Temple,Rajghat Fort
5) Khakholkh Aditya Located in Kameshwar Temple near Machhodari
6) Lolark Aditya Located near Tulsi Ghat
7) Mayukh Aditya Located near mangla gauri temple panchganga ghat
8) Saamba Aditya Located near Suraj Kund,Aurangabad
9) Uttarark Aditya Located In Alaipur, Bakaria Kund near Varanasi City Station
10) Vimal Aditya Located In a Gali Near Khari Kuan Jangambari varanasi
11) Vriddh Aditya Located in Mir Ghat Near Dashashwamedh Ghat
12) Yama Aditya Located Near Sankata Ghat
Monday, July 15, 2013
Temples worshiped as Jyotirlings in Kashi - Varanasi
- Someshwar, Man Mandir Ghat
- Tripurantakeshwar, Sigra
- Mahakaleshwar, Daranagar
- Omkareshwar, Beyond Machhodari
- Baijnatheshwar, Kamachha
- Bheemeshwar, Kashi Karvat Temple
- Ganeshwar(Rameshwar), Man Mandir Ghat
- Nageshwar, Bhonsla Ghat
- Visweshwar (Varanasi)
- Triambakeshwar, Godowlia
- Kedareshwar, Kedar Ghat
- Grishneshwar, Kamakhya Devi Temple
- Somnath is in Prabhas Patan, Surashtra, in Gujarat.
- Malikarjuna is in Srisailam in Andhra Pradesh
- Mahakaleshwar is in Mahakal, Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. The only Swayambhu lingam.
- Omkareshwar is on an island in the Narmada River in Madyha Pradesh.
- Vaijyanath is debatable,is in Baijnath Shivdum in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Bhimashankar, according to the LINGA PURANA is in Orissa, however, it can also be placed near Pune, in Maharashtra.
- Rameshwar is in Rameswarem in Tamil Nadu.
- Nageshvara could be any one of three. Jageshwar near Almora in Uttarkhand, Dwarka in Gujarat,or Aundha Nagnath in Hingoli, Maharashtra.
- Kashi Vishwanath is in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Trimbakehwar is near Nasik in Maharashtra.
- Kedarnath, the most northerly, in Uttarkhand, is only accessible by foot for 6 months of the year.
- Grishneshwar is near Ellora in Maharashtra.
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Kashi Kamkotishwar Temple is located near Hanuman Ghat Varanasi.
Varun Gandhi, Yamini get married at Kashi Kamkotishwar Temple at the Kanchi Mutt in Varanasi played venue to the wedding on 6th March 2011, which took place from 7 to 8am and was a blend of the North and South, with some Bengali traditions thrown in. Wearing a dhoti kurta,Varun looked visibly slimmer than his former self, while Yamini was charming in a pink saree. The ceremony was held in the presence of Jayendra Saraswathi, Shankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peeth.